Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6

Tonight we had a big family gathering at the wonderful Greek restaurant Ouzeri.
It was to celebrate James 21st Birthday and to "Bon Voyage" him on his trip to the UK next week.
It was the perfect time to do it as so many of our family now live miles away and even in different states.
It was such a wonderful night and made even more special by the number of family that were able to attend.
It has been many years since this many of us were all in the one place at the one time.
I am so grateful for family.....
For the wonderful night we had together and the fun and laughter around the table....
To see everyone talking and changing seats so they could talk to someone else....
for all the hugs (and there were LOTS) and kisses....
For the wonderful send off for James and the Birthday wishes....
I love my family very much and I'm so glad so many of us came together tonight, from my side of the family and my husbands... all together, eating a fabulous Greek banquet!
I know James was very grateful too!
Thank you!

Edit.... I just had to share my youngest son, Jacks thoughts on tonight from his blog...he really got it right!

January 6th 2012

Today I am thankful for my family.
They're a messy mix of personalities. They're a bit of this and a bit of that. But that is what I love, that each and every single one of them are unique, even to the point of obscurity. We're not going to win a beauty contest, a fight or a spelling bee, but we will win your heart in an instant. And love is all you need. Thank god I'm a part of this beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment